Associate Project Manager
Lake Mary, Florida, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The Associate Project Manager will demonstrate leadership in communicating business goals, programs, and processes for an area or business segment. In this role you will utilize your experience or expertise to solve problems, develop and execute objectives for self and others, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Plan and implement electrical projects at various customer work sites in the US, including the activities of staff and subcontractors
- Be the primary customer contact for the duration of each project. May commission, resolve specification issues, handle correspondence, provide periodic updates, ensure customer satisfaction, and negotiate / coordinate with staff as appropriate
- Translate customer needs / requirements into detailed project plans while driving internal execution to meet project targets and on time delivery
- Identify opportunities to expand the project in ways that bring value to our customer and satisfy our profitability requirements
- Take part in the writing of reports that describe the results of a project and assemble and customize contractually required documentation at the onset and end of a project
- Participate in the development of proposals for projects
- Manage the project budget and timeline and ensure the resources are available to complete the project within budget and on time in order to meet customer obligations. Also, effectively lead and manage multiple projects simultaneously while meeting or exceeding loading targets of greater than or equal to the average for your role, with a minimum of: $6-8MM (30 – 40 projects) while maximizing profitability through change orders and minimizing concessions/credits.
- Professionally represent ABB during all customer communications
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college with minimum 2 additional year of experience in a project management, engineering or manufacturing role.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Ability and willingness to travel, as required
- Proven Project Management skills.
- Proven leadership skills and ability to effectively manage a matrix team / organization.
- High energy level - self-starter
- Highly Analytical / Clear Thinker
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail and sense of urgency in dealing with tasks.
- Proven experience implementing simplification and standardization initiatives
- Proven experience leading cross cultural teams and experience to influence others and lead small teams.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.