Channel Manager - Industrial Automation
Houston, Texas, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com.
ABB is seeking a Channel Manager, responsible for managing the sale of products and services through Partners within a specified region. Manage sales initiatives and consult directly with customers regarding new or improved product and solution offerings. Evaluate commercial and engineering aspects of customer requirements and develop and implement sales strategies designed to satisfy those requirements, while achieving maximum profit margin and customer satisfaction.
* Depending on candidate's location this Channel Manager may be supporting either the north or south regions.
- Meet or exceed product and system sales target through Partners including Distributors, System Integrators, Representatives and OEM’s for the defined geographical region.
- Lead sales and business development efforts for Partners in the respective geographic region. Establish, build, and maintain long-term Partner relationships in order to respond effectively to customer requirements, influence customer decisions and provide the Company with competitive advantages.
- Direct and facilitate communications among Partners and various business units to ensure accurate, consistent, and clear information that is responsive to Partners and customers. Provide visibility the business units require to meet customer needs, identify resource requirements, and provide value-added offerings in response to customer inquiries. Act as a lead within the sales region for all matters pertaining to Partner business.
- Participate in and play a significant role in developing sales strategies, business plans and contractual agreements with Partners. Manage regional sales activities with Partners to achieve assigned order intake, margin and related objectives.
- Bachelor's Degree in business administration or related field plus 8 to 12 years of experience, or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Requires strong communication and managerial skills.
- Ability to travel 50% as required
- Requires broad knowledge of Company products and ability to develop business plans and sales strategies, communicate required product changes to management, and negotiate with, and influence customers.
- Candidates working/ residing in the US that do not require visa assistance is preferred..
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.