Inside Application Engineer
Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking an Inside Application Engineer. This role is responsible for dedicated product sales support for the region and will foster direct relationships with key customers to grow the business.
- Lead the market development and specification position effort for new and existing products to achieve sales objectives in the Utility and C&I Markets.
- Interface with Sales, Marketing, Product Management, and Product Engineering to develop new product opportunities.
- Provide technical representation for the business in national, regional, and local industry tradeshows and industry events.
- Provide cost for new configurations for quotes, initiates ESR submitting all the technical documentation to process the ESR
- Provide company representation on assigned technical standards committees and groups.
- Provide competitive intelligence reporting on competitive product offerings and market position.
- Participate in and help to coordinate engineering seminars, customer training, and agent training for our customers and sales representatives.
- Minimum 6 years of experience in a customer technical support role in the Utility Industry.
- Four year Bachelor’s degree (business or technical) required
- Demonstrated strong analytical, technical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems and equipment
- Advanced user of Microsoft Office applications
- Technically competent with commercial acumen
- Energetic & Positive Attitude
- Analytical & Adept At Problem Solving
- Skilled in Verbal and Written Communications
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.