LEAD Internship Pgm-Summer 2020-Undergrad-Systems Engr-FT-Houston TX-IA
Houston, Texas, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com.
ABB is seeking a College Intern - May 2020 for its Houston, Texas location. This role is responsible to design, development and introduction of distributed control systems, electrical & power systems, and/or telecommunications systems to effectively utilize state-of-the-art developments encompassing various engineering and related fields and associated products to support a wide range of industrial customers.
- Work with an engineering team to assist with various aspects of our control systems, electrical, or telecommunications projects for clients including hardware/software/system design and testing.
- Troubleshoot and resolve routine problems and assist the engineering team in resolving more complex issues.
- Use computer programs to perform various engineering operations, conduct analyses and provide related data and information.
- Limited travel may be required.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Engineering degree program in the US preferably Electrical, Mechanical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- 3.0 minimum GPA.
- Must be currently authorized to work for ABB in the US.
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, specifically, Word, Excel & Visio.
- Strategic approach to problem solving, ability to analyze complex issues.
- Good communication skills.
- Strong customer focus.
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.