Regional Logistics Manager Americas
New Berlin, Wisconsin, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Regional Logistics Manager Americas for its Fort Smith, AR location. Drive logistics quality and cost improvements, establish and maintain governance structures at Region level in line with global strategy.
- Planning: Implements and maintains Global and Business Unit logistics strategy and policy at Region level.
- Costs and quality: Drives cost savings in Region logistics spend, saving cost via quality improvement initiatives, process standardization and rate negotiations with selected suppliers.
- Audits and reporting: Performs forwarder and factory transportation quality audits in the Region. Establishes and maintains regional management reporting related to cost of poor quality, savings, spend and volumes.
- Training: Ensures appropriate Region/Country transportation training is carried out, either through personal delivery or via others.
- Budget and performance targets: Contributes to, and participates in setting and implementing budget and targets within the framework. Ensures the Trade & Logistics sourcing performance targets are achieved.
- Support: Project manages and assists Global and/or Local Business Unit with complex issues and opportunities.
- People leadership and Development: Ensures (with HR Manager support) that the area of responsibility is properly organized, staffed, skilled and directed. Guides, motivates and develops direct and indirect subordinates within HR policies, for the benefit of both ABB and the employee. Manages the succession planning for lead PL positions in the Division/Business Unit/Product Group. Coordinates talent management processes regionally with Divisions/Business Units/Product Groups.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree and a minimum of Ten (10) plus years of experience within a supply chain environment with Five (5) years at management level.
- Preferred Masters Degree with Five (5) plus years of experience in within a supply chain environment.
- Relevant university degree in Logistics or Business Engineering (Master).
- Knowledge of transportation and trade rules and regulations.
- System experience on SAP PO management and/or TMS implementation experience.
- Capable of managing and prioritizing multiple time sensitive tasks in a dynamic environment.
- Self-disciplined, able to work autonomously with high degree of initiative and with an appropriate sense of urgency.
- Experience in a results driven environment and problem solving and analytical skills (e.g. L6S Green belt).
- Professional Presentation skills.
- Demonstrate high level of people development and leadership skills.
- Strong relationship skills and team work
- Analytical and problem solving skills.
- Internal and external customer orientation (partnership approach) - ability to develop and maintain professional working relationships with customers as well as suppliers.
- Proven experience in change management.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.