Houston, Texas, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Project Manager for its Houston,Texas location.This role is responsible for interfacing with the clients and the involved factories from order entry until the project is finalized and turned over to the client.
- Review customer orders from a technical and commercial standpoint during negotiation and order entry with the Proposal Engineering team.
- Project Management of customer orders including scheduling, tracking, shipment, invoicing coordination, closing and being the primary customer contact for all project-related matters from the beginning of the project through warranty.
- Single point of contact for all technical and commercial coordination with customers and suppliers through appropriate sales channel.
- Actively strive to optimize overall resource planning and utilization
- Commits to improve performance while taking action to minimize risks.
- Acts proactively to avoid/minimize project risks and turn situations into opportunities
- Sees the overall impact of scope changes & claims and actively negotiates as they arise to ABB’s best interest
- Accurately forecasts project revenue, profitability, margins and cash flow
- Plan critical path, monitor and control project activities to maximize cash flow
- Actively pursue strategic change order opportunities to increase customer orders and lower risk.
- Coordinate/negotiate with major vendors to improve pricing and delivery
- Coordinate with internal departments to assist in accomplishing the project goals
- Actively participate in Department Quality Improvement Process
- Create effective reports (status/progress) to all stakeholders with appropriate detail for desired understanding of the true project status and what needs to be achieved to accomplish project goals and objectives
- Work with others in a coordinated and professional way to create a team environment that achieves project success.
- 4-year college degree in electrical engineering preferred along with a minimum of 5 years experience and 8 years’ experience as a Project Manager of medium scale Industrial/Power Plant projects ($1M+)
- PMP certification preferred
- In depth technical knowledge working with switchgear systems is highly desired
- Must have a thorough knowledge of Project Management disciplines and process
- Demonstrate negotiation skills in interaction with internal and external customers
- Experienced in marketing, sales, forecasting, pricing and effective presentations
- Must have a strong reputation for customer focus
- Have a thorough understanding of project contracts and Inco terms 2010.
- Ability to assess, propose and implement solutions for rapid recovery of troubled or challenged projects.
- Must be self-motivated with a high level of creativity
- Must be familiar and have practical experience with SAP PS, MS Project, AutoCAD, MS Word, MS Excel, PowerPoint and other software
- Experience in dealing with the cultural diversity of a global business environment
- Willingness to travel up to 50%
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.