Internal Communications Manager, U.S. Electrification Business
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com.
ABB is seeking a Internal Communications Manager, Define and implement the U.S. Electrification (EL) internal communications strategy and programs, aligning with the larger EL business strategy and U.S. country communications initiatives. Support EL business goals, internal transformation and integration needs, employee engagement, and executive communications.
- Strategy & transformation
- Develop and execute engaging internal communications across the U.S. Electrification (EL) business, business lines, and related functions
- Amplify communication programs from the global Electrification business and the U.S. country communications team, localizing them for U.S. Electrification employees.
- Provide executive communications support for the Head of U.S. Electrification business, including messaging, presentations, video and live events.
- Create and execute communication plans and messages specifically for U.S. EL employees
- Oversee and maintain digital channels seen/used by U.S. EL employees
- Support the integration of recent acquisitions into the different EL business lines with strong communication and transformation initiatives
- Ensure U.S. support for EL-related change initiatives, mergers and acquisitions, crisis management, and other global initiatives
- Assist with executive messaging within the U.S. EL organization to support the implementation of business strategies
- Build strong working relationships with HR to support the EL people strategy
- Employee engagement
- Increase the Electrification (EL) business leadership visibility in the U.S., the visibility of wins, and best-in-class practices for all employees
- Create and foster employee dialogue to support continuous improvement across the U.S. business.
- Lead U.S. portions of EL business-wide campaigns and activities that increase employee engagement around values, strategic topics via a results-oriented, measurable approach
- Develop measures to Increase awareness for HSE and quality topics
- Identify new insights and strategies to ensure greatest impact with EL audiences in the U.S.
- Minimum BA/BS Communications, Journalism, or related field and 6+ years in corporate internal communications (or related) roles.
- Proficient in Associated Press (AP) Style
- Advanced Microsoft Office knowledge
- Native English language proficiency
- Ability to engage senior executives with communication counsel and support.
- Strong project management skills and attention to details. Can own large-scale projects from start to finish.
- Ability to localize global content and programs for a U.S. audience
- Self-motivated with strong capability for independent direction and decision-making
- Cultural sensitivity to communicate and collaborate across various cultures
- Ability to function successfully within ambiguity and complexity
- Experience working in a matrix organization
- Experience with communication measurement
- Preferred Master’s degree in communications or related field, or equivalent experience and 8 +years in internal or corporate communications (or related) roles is preferred
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.