Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Power Grid is currently seeking a IP Administrator for its Raleigh, North Carolina location. The responsibilities include participate in and contribute to the process of IP throughout the entire lifecycle from creation to expiration. and the JV IP formalities and administration in the IP Operations team in strategy defined by IPSLT and in coordination with corporate communication and brand management.
- Intellectual Property (IP) Paralegal with the main focus on patents. In handling the full range of administrative tasks associated with international IP management, the candidate will play an important role in our day-to-day operations.
- Oversee cases, deadlines.
- Oversee document transfer to and from patent offices and handle correspondence with attorneys, in addition to requesting and filing documents.
- Submit priority and subsequent applications to national patent offices and apply Group IP tools to ensure high-quality data management.
- Assist IP attorneys with audits, portfolio reviews, deadline management, and conflict resolution and support administrative activities such as reporting and cost accounting.
- Coordinate payments relating to annual patent maintenance fees.
- Process registrations for newly submitted inventions and handle payments to inventors in accordance with Group policy administration of external.
- Assist in developing IP workflow best practices and usage of Anaqua IP database by internal IP team and external law firm users, to ensure company guidelines are followed for data quality and electronic document uploads.
- Completed Education as IP paralegal with at least five years’ experience in a similar role.
- Excellent understanding of procedures of relevance to national and international patent management, particularly EPC, PCT, USPTO, and SIPO procedures.
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office applications and IP tools/websites.
- Proficiency using web-based IP data management software tools in a global organization, and preferred to have experience with Anaqua.
- Attention to detail, well-developed organizational and analytical skills, team spirit, flexibility, and ability to handle changing assignments and priorities.
- Experience working in or supporting client that is a large multi-national global corporation, and most preferred to have experience with European-based company and understanding European culture.
- Fluent command of English, both written and spoken, and useful (but not required) if also having knowledge of German or Swedish language.
More about us
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”