Energy Market Data Analyst
Broomfield, Colorado, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Energy Market Data Analyst for its Broomfield, CO location. This role is responsible for supporting multiple products in the Enterprise Software group, providing data and insights to a broad spectrum of clients. In this role, you will work with your scrum team to ensure complete, high-quality data in the Velocity Suite and EMI products.
- Support and educate clients to maximize product value in their organization
- Drive process and product improvements through data analysis and client input
- Identify data sources to improve Velocity Suite and other products
- Own responsibility for a set group of data from identification through development, integration, product creation and maintenance
- Improve data collection, quality control, and process monitoring through proofs, test cases, dashboards, and other innovations
- Test internal and externally facing software releases to ensure efficiency and quality
- Communicate and collaborate on a scrum team and across teams to drive excellent quality in all processes
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, economics, data science, energy, GIS, computer science, computer engineering, or an engineering discipline and minimum 2 years of experience in analyzing energy related market data.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Knowledge of agile process and principles
- Understanding of data collection techniques and principles
- Experience managing data with a focus on performance and quality
- Exposure to North American data is beneficial and extra continental data exposure is ideal, including but not limited to:
- Independent System Operators (ISOs)
- Natural gas pipelines
- Electricity generation and transmission
- Renewable energy sources such as wind and solar
- Grid battery storage
- Strong SQL querying and analysis in Oracle, Microsoft, and/or MySQL is needed
- A grasp of PL/SQL, NoSQL, Python, R, and other analytical tools is beneficial
- Knowledge of Geographic Information Systems (GIS) including ArcGIS, MapInfo, QGIS, or related open source GIS systems is a plus
- Experience with regular expressions, machine learning and big data analytics are sought
- Team player with outstanding communication, presentation and collaboration skills
- Curious and driven learner interested in continual personal and career growth
- Emotionally intelligent communication and presentation skills
- Knowledge and experience with market research
- Excellent organizational and time-management skills
- Sharp analytical and problem-solving skills
- Creative and detail-oriented in all aspects
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.