Electrical Engineer - NEMA
Fort Smith, Arkansas, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Electrical Engineer - NEMA for its Fort Smith, AR location. You will be responsible in designing small AC and DC industrial electric motors utilizing Induction Motor Programs (IMP) and SAP. Work on a design team with 12-15 members.
- Process custom orders and engineering change requests for industrial electric motors.
- Create and maintain electrical windings and active electrical components for AC single & three phase electric motor and DC electric motors.
- Utilize computer aided motor performance calculation programs.
- Specify motor testing, evaluate results and make recommendations for implementation.
- Manage projects to reduce cost and assure quality of new and existing designs.
- Provide Sales, Manufacturing and Purchasing support.
- Provide failure analysis and corrective action for such items as windings, capacitors, rotors and switches.
- Manage own time and work activity while handling multiple projects and tasks.
- Work effectively in a team oriented environment.
- Basic Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering completed by June 2020.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Electric motor experience
- AutoCAD and/or Solid Works experience
- SAP experience
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Dependable, professional work ethic and team player
- Ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced work environment.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.