Marketing Manager, Digital Service Solutions
Westerville, Ohio, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
**** Note ****
For the ideal candidate, this position could be based remotely anywhere in the United States
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com.
ABB is seeking a Marketing Manager, Digital Service Solutions Manager for its Westerville, Ohio location. This role owns marketing campaign development and execution for winning Digital Service contracts in the Industrial Automation Process Industries (IAPI) US organization.
- Establish yourself as one of the digital service leaders of our business driving service contract growth.
- Drive key growth initiatives and marketing campaigns for Digital Service packages:
- Scheduled Digital Rounds
- Performance Accelerators
- Collaborative Operations Support
- Implementation of both data driven and customer driven activities
- Ability Digital Optimization Services
- Predictive Notification
- Extended Consulting
- Structured Reporting
- Responsible for coordination and harmonization of communications and the application of business analytics.
- Create marketing content to support campaigns, including value propositions, brochures, presentations, webinars, emails, success stories, newsletters, sales enablement tools and online content.
- Drive the creation of all marketing collateral including definition of common templates.
- Provide necessary training so that the Service Account Managers (SAMs) can utilize the techniques effectively.
- Collaborate with key functions including sales management, SAMs, marketing technology managers, customer experience and global marketing communications to support the development of effective marketing campaigns for target audiences.
- Champion the utilization of ABB CRM, marketing automation and webinar platforms to build and execute marketing campaigns, manage target lists, generate leads, nurture customer engagement and apply marketing analytics.
- Work with Country Communicators to ensure local business communication plans and campaigns are aligned with the global marketing communications strategies, plans and campaigns.
- Ensure message (e.g. value propositions) and branding compliance and consistency.
- Offer new and innovative ideas to reach target customers, respectively challenging historical activities and status quo.
- Exhibit a positive attitude and make a clear contribution to the teamwork culture of our PI US team.
- Drive the local market growth strategy for expanding Service business in the US within our install base as well as expanding service market share.
- Drive a needs awareness/creation and value selling focus with our sales team.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree and 8 years' combination experience in marketing and/or communications and/or service
- *A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
- *A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in marketing or related field
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills, able to simplify complex technical contents into appealing marketing messages and content.
- Comfortable interacting with senior leaders as well as technical specialists.
- 15-plus years of marketing strategy and execution experience with demonstrated success marketing both service-related products and complex systems.
- Value definitions.
- Ability to demonstrate Service Value.
- Working knowledge of CRM, marketing automation and web conferencing tools.
- Proven, successful experience and interaction with customers.
- Trade show/Road show coordination and support.
- Business Administration, Sales, and Contract negotiation experience.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.