Field Engineer, AZ
Albuquerque, New Mexico, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures.Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The Field Engineer provides direction and assistance to work group in order to meet assigned objectives.In this role you will work within defined parameters to make decisions, apply concepts to issues of moderate complexity, and resolve issues through immediate action or short-term planning.
- Perform on-site installation of systems and equipment and ongoing preventive maintenance, repair and calibration after installation.Respond to requests for emergency repairs and services to troublesome equipment.
- Provide technical instruction and assistance to customer representatives regarding installation, operation, calibration, repair and maintenance at customer's sites.Develop and further expand technical knowledge and expertise, currently recognized industry standards for engineering ability.
- Maintain knowledge of applicable product line warranties and accomplish effective warranty administration.Plan, prepare and / or instruct both internal and external training programs as required, to impart and perpetuate field engineering and / or product knowledge in area of specialization.
- Perform administrative functions; such as writing technical reports, ordering materials, securing quotations, preparing job status reports, reports to customers, time sheet and expense sheets on a complete timely, and thorough basis.
- Maintain knowledge of the report system to the extent required for timely and accurate input of field information necessary.Provide leadership and technical direction to skilled labor performing work on customer sites.
- Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within ABB safety standards.
- Maintain knowledge to troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for wide range of equipment vintage.Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college (Desired, Mechanical or Electrical Engineering) (or a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a Field Services role).
- Willingness and ability to travel approximately 60% of the time as required.Must Possess a valid driver’s license.
- Familiarity with electrical and mechanical systems including medium and low voltage switchgear, protective relays, transformer, distribution systems, programmable logic controllers, variable speed drives and the safe operation and maintenance of these systems.Ability to work effectively with minimum supervision.Strong customer service mindset.Prior project management experience is preferred.
- Technical skills in Power Delivery Equipment, including transformers, breakers and relays.Technical skills in Maintain strong safety mindset to assure the executed work reflects the technical requirements within ABB safety standards.Troubleshoot and provide routine maintenance checkout for a wide range of drives, control and power distribution equipment.
- Prepare timely and accurate technical reports for customer records and a reference for future outages.Troubleshoot electrical operations and maintenance problems in the drives, control and power distribution technologies.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.