Workday Payroll Administrator
Cary, North Carolina, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com.
ABB is seeking a Workday Payroll Administrator. The Workday Payroll Administrator demonstrates in depth knowledge in regards to US payroll laws and regulations and is responsible for monitoring payroll activities internally and externally. This individual will collectively collaborate with the team to proactively monitor internal controls while ensuring accuracy, compliant, and timely payroll processing.
- Monitors all payroll activity:
- Collaborates with the team and various workstreams to resolve employee inquiries/cases within the SLA timeframe. Documents the source, seeks proper approvals, determines any necessary transactions and documents them according to ABB policies that will effectively substantiate action(s) taken.
- Processes end-to-end payroll activities, including off-cycle payrolls and ensures that all employee earnings and deductions, at point of final calculation, are accurate and are made in compliance with payroll tax and legal requirements and ABB Group internal compensation policies within Workday.
- Ensure compliance with policies, regulations, wage tax laws, segregation of duties, SOX and other federal and state legislation impacting payroll.
- Streamline payroll procedures; recommend and implement changes and provide solutions to Human Resources and Finance.
- Coordinate tax set ups and filings in various states and localities.
- Resolve escalated payroll issues and provide expert payroll knowledge regarding special payrolls, garnishments, and taxation.
- Support business process strategies for end-to-end Payroll processes to achieve efficiency, productivity and improved control.
- Create ad-hoc reports and report accurate data to Senior Management and business partners within various applications including but not limited to Workday.
- Act as a subject matter expert for researching, troubleshooting and resolving integration and production issues, applying leading practices and ensuring long-standing solutions.
- Work closely with internal and external stakeholders to troubleshoot, configure, test and implement efficient solutions.
- Identify trends, determine root cause, analyze future implications and determine most effective solutions.
- Responsible for 100% compliance with the payroll internal controls, as assigned to this position and promotes solid and effective internal controls as a vital and necessary component of payroll processing.
- Performs other related duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education and/or experience combined and minimum 6 years of experience in Payroll.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Experience with Workday Payroll and HCM.
- Expert knowledge of payroll methods, touch points, end-to-end processing steps, best practices, and tax filing; up-to-date knowledge of federal, state, and local wage and hour laws.
- Hands-on payroll experience with multi-state and multi-company payroll required, including Time and Attendance Management.
- Organized and focused to drive meaningful results, process improvements, manage complexity, and meet operational deadlines.
- Experience with system upgrades or implementations a plus (HCM, Payroll, Workday); advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel, pivot tables, and complex formulas.
- CPP Certification a plus.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.