Atlanta, Georgia, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The Software Engineer is a contributor to the Agile scrum team primarily responsible for being part of a larger team and contributing by, coding and testing new or modified features for ABB Enterprise electric power system simulation solutions and Core software products. This includes ensuring software is written to meet the business, user interface and technical standards established by ABB Enterprise Software and the development team. The Software Engineer works closely with external stakeholders like Product Management to guide the direction of the product line. The Software Engineer will need to have good problem-solving skills to help with any customer facing defects.
- Typical tasks taken on by Software Engineers include: working with the Team Lead to create technical designs and approaches for new functionality, writing code to implement features and defect fixes across multiple technologies and products, understanding test scripts and writing unit test code for all features, performing code reviews, documenting written code and creating user documentation as needed. Additionally, the Software Engineer assists with technical research, functional research, customer support research, and testing of code releases as required by the Agile scrum team. The Software Engineer is expected to have a strong foundation around object oriented programming as well as the desire to learn and become productive in new programming languages and technologies. The Software Engineer reports to the Team Lead and works closely with the Product Management and Customer Support organizations.
- •Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science/Mathematics
- •3+ years of software development experience
- •2-3 years of experience developing in C#, Java, .Net., WPF, ASP.Net and React!
- Preferred Qualifications:
- •1-2 years of experience working in an Agile development environment
- •1-2 years of experience in database operation (e.g. MS Access, MS SQL Server)
- •Understanding of Service Oriented Architecture with a focus on Microservices
- •Strong Problem-Solving Skills
- •1-2 years experience with Fortran
- •Degree in Electrical Engineering, with concentration in Power Systems
- •Experience in power generation, transmission and distribution, power system operation, modeling and planning
- •Experience in mathematical modeling and optimization and commercial solvers (e.g. CPLEX, Xpress,)
- •Experience with ISO Markets or ETRM functions at a power marketer or utility is a plus
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.