Phoenix, Arizona, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Industrial Solutions empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software, and services to protect, control, and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures.Across multiple energy-intensive industries, the business provides customers with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
The Service Field Technician is an experienced role supporting our Field Services Group in performing installation, troubleshooting, repair and preventative maintenance on electrical distribution equipment.The role will need to have knowledge of electrical distribution systems and demonstrated experiences in servicing.
- All on site life extensions, repairs and inspection-related service activities able to be performed at customer site.Includes onsite machining, NDT, blading, winding, critical welding, generator diagnostics.
- Major contribution to the development of an operational year plan for own department activities of the team.
- Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures.Works together with people from the business unit.
- Contacts are under guidance and/or geared towards specifying activities, planning of activities and giving explanations on technical issues.
- Targeted clients.Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks.
- Assist field engineers by performing on-site installation, preventative maintenance, testing, repair and calibration of motor and rotating equipment
- Perform administrative function such as: writing technical reports, preparing job status reports, timesheet and expense submittal on a timely and accurate basis
- Strive to achieve the highest level of customer satisfaction in all transactions and relationships
- Perform collateral duties as assigned to meet business needs as they relate to Environmental Health & Safety (EHS), Quality, Integrity, etc.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or college(desired, Electrical Engineering) (OR High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of service industry experience).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience servicing (installing, troubleshooting, repairing or calibrating) one of more of the following electrical distribution equipment: DC, UPS, ATS, PSG.
- Ability and willingness to obtain and maintain a valid passport and driver's license
- Ability and willingness to travel at least 30% of the time with some overnight stays, as required
- Legal authorization to work in the U.S. is required.
- We will not sponsor individuals for employment visas, now or in the future, for this job.
- Experience working in a customer service environment.Excellent PC Skills – Specifically MS Office Suite:Outlook,Excel and Word.
- Detail orientated with good analytical and problem solving skills.Experience working in a fast paced environment.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.