Test Engineer- Traction
Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Test Engineer for its Richmond, Virginia location. Under the direction of the Sr. Electrical and Control Team Lead, the Test Engineer provides hands on routine and type testing support to traction converters for rail projects.
- This role is for a test engineer to execute routine and type testing, software upgrading and reports creating for high power traction converters in the factory and the wiliness to grow to a senior field engineer role.
- This position will apply power electronics, software and system testing to ensure completion of all test activities efficiently and cost-effectively to meet deadlines.
- This position has also a career growth path into a senior field engineer that is enthusiastic about traction converters technology and being hands on in field measurement, including EMC troubleshooting and software updates activities during commissioning or pre sales technical workshops.
- Minimum of Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering and a minimum of 0-2 years of power electronics testing experience.
- Familiar with EMC testing in power converters is a strong plus.
- Ability to read power electronic schematics and knowledge of power conversion topologies.
- Create test data collection and reporting using tools for production data.
- Perform high power testing tasks like Hi-Pot, semiconductor and continuity verification.
- Adhere to ISO 9000 quality system.
- Comfortable doing software updates to embedded systems for power converters. Excellent troubleshooting and debugging skills using scopes and digital meters.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.