Memphis, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Buyer Analyst for its Memphis, Tennessee location. This role is responsible to purchase materials according to required technical specification, price, delivery schedule and terms. Ensure purchasing activities align with corporate purchasing policies and procedures. Support the SCM analyst responsibilities and helping on reporting activities to the department at local/global business Unit level.
- Initiates purchase orders (PO) in the system, according to the Purchase Requisitions and in alignment with standard procedures, and confirms delivery with suppliers, monitors and tracks supplier performance to purchase order requirements.
- Aligns supplier orders with customer requirements (based on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) or Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)/project requirements) in terms of content, quality, delivery, sustainability and price.
- Run eSourcing events, evaluate pricing (RFPs/RFQs); negotiate supplier payment terms supporting the US hub category managers.
- Involvement in Supplier identification, Negotiations, Contracts/bids, sales support, etc. Familiarity with Oracle Purchasing, and efficiently learn other ERPs. Support COE-Indirect related activities and help lead projects working as a Liaison.
- Collect data, analyze/create/summarize reports, and support global commodity reporting/presentations. Perform financial analysis on commodity spend information; able to interact with plants & suppliers for validation or corrections when/where required.
- Use of Microsoft Office Tools: mainly Excel, PowerPoint and Word with advance functions. Work on complex reporting, learn advanced tools/applications – eSMART, Prosupply, eP, Cognos, etc.
- Implements ABB processes and engages with other analyst/intern in continuous improvement of processes, SOPs, and procedures to maximize efficiency for the SCM analytics team.
- Support department as assigned/needed with minimal administrative support for the department for inventory and suppliers; maintain records/databases/filing systems/electronics or hardware, etc.
- 4 year degree in business or engineering and minimum of 2 years of prior sourcing experience
- Advanced in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel. Ability to analyze complex data. Ability to multi-task and learn quickly. Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience in ERP systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Run sourcing projects, coordinating with different departments
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.