Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Sales Support for its Pittsburg, Pennsylvania location.This role is responsible to develop Technical / Commercial Proposals and assist with driving Inquiry to Order (ITO) and (OTR) Order to Remittance processes for ABB’s Electrification business.In this role, you will require an in depth understanding of the various products within the Electrification business.
- Develop timely, comprehensive and professional project proposals with key metrics of proposal volume, on-time delivery, and hit-rate / win-rate
- Interpret Drawings, Data Sheets and Specifications to understand and adhere to design intent
- Develop / Maintain relationships with all key functions, including but not limited to:Sales, Factory Quotations, Application Engineering, Project Operations and Product Management
- Interface extremely closely with Sales Managers & Strategic Customers (as required) to develop understanding of CTQ's for growth.
- Possess / Increase domain expertise of ABB’s product offerings and solutions.
- Proactively suggest alternates and options (where possible) to reduce cost, improve value to customer and increase profitability.
- Address and understand commercial factors such as project duration and basic terms and conditions
- Interface with Product Managers and Factories to assist with product expedites, returns, and other customer needs.
- Actively collaborate with Outside Sales Managers to increase orders and market share
- Provide price feedback to Commercial Ops peers to strengthen our competitiveness in trade areas
- Aggressively pursue and attend any training opportunities that would provide benefit for proposal development.
- Project management and post-sales support for key accounts to ensure timely delivery and overall customer satisfaction.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in a contract negotiation or sales role)
- Minimum of 3 years of experience with project quotations and/or experience working in the electrical distribution industry
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.