Regional Sales Manager - West
Denver, Colorado, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
**** Note ***
For the ideal candidate, this position could be based remotely anywhere west of Cleveland, OH
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
The Regional Sales Manager role leads the sales organization for the ABB Energy which consists of Power & Water, Chemicals and Refining, and Oil & Gas. They will drive sales for ABB’s automation, electrical and telecommunications systems and services in the west region of the United States. This role serves as a business driver overseeing all sales activities relating to the installed base automation, electrical and telecommunications service business and also the non-installed base new control, electrical, and telecommunication systems business. The role will have direct and indirect sales resources reporting in to address the various customer segments (end-user plant sites, end user corporate centers, developers, EPCs and engineering firms).
- The role directly manages a team of account managers and is accountable to meet or exceed sales targets for the Western US region. Sales goals include growth of installed base Service Business as well as growth of the non-installed base New Systems Business.
- Develop customer loyalty through customer focus and service. Bring to market new digital solutions and services that solve customer problems and improve plant processes and operational productivity. Build customer relations at high levels across the region and participate in negotiations of key pursuits.
- Develop territory alignments and account assignments that produce the most cost-effective method to saturate target accounts with best-in-class sales coverage. Implement metrics to monitor sales performance and forecasting accuracy and hold the sales team accountable to deliver on targets.
- Set selling strategies and standards and participate in the development of account/business plans with direct reports that drive relationship building and opportunity identification. Periodically review the approved plans with direct reports for execution and participate in the development of Capture Strategies with direct reports on high profile project opportunities. Provide coaching to sales account managers on sales practices that leverage ABB solutions and promote the ABB brand.
- Conduct monthly forecast reviews across the region of assigned accounts with direct and indirect reports to ensure accuracy. Conduct monthly sales meetings to review market conditions, process improvement opportunities and team objectives with direct reports. Ensure accuracy of data reporting and forecasting into the sales tools (SFDC) and monitor progress to track visits, opportunities and monthly targets.
- Review proposals and ensure development of project risk review presentations by the Sales Account Managers prior to submittal.
- Attend and support the Business Units successful participation in trade shows such as PowerGen, ISA, ABB Customer World, Relevant User’s Groups, PCIC, etc.
- Support proper roll out of new strategies, products and solutions in the BU including assessment of new markets and channels to market.
- Support potential M&A targets and provide input for strategic interesting targets to complement and enhance actual business.
- Identify and hire quality sales candidates.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree and 8 years' combination experience in engineering or sales or account management in the power generation and/or oil, gas and chemical industries
- *A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
- *A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelors' degree in engineering or business or related field
- Current or prior management experience
- An understanding of the control, electrical and telecommunication system market including knowledge of the competition and what customers desire from a automation and electrical systems vendor supplying state of the art technology and project engineering services.
- Practical understanding of the US Utility markets for power generation and water industries, including regulatory pressures and market conditions
- Ability and willingness to travel up to 50% of the time
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.