Technical Support Engineer, Upstream Oil & Gas/Sr. Technical Support Engineer, Upstream Oil & Gas
Bartlesville, Oklahoma, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
Plan and execute, with minimal professional guidance, complex semi-technical field assignments involving the installation, modification, test, inspection or repair of Company products and equipment. Coordinate work with other groups to ensure meeting commitments typically on remotely operated maintenance and testing equipment. Recommend measures to improve operations and customer service.
- Performs service tasks, identifies technical problems and makes analysis through remote or on-site activity in any service categories (installation and commissioning, maintenance, repairs, engineering and consulting, advanced services,
- extensions, upgrades and retrofits, end of life services, replacements, etc.).
- Perform complex service operations that typically present unusual problems requiring strong technical skills. Construct complex prototype models or simulated systems, as required.
- Provide leadership in the assembly and operation of laboratory and field service equipment. Conduct tests or experiments requiring selection and adaptation or modification of equipment and procedures. Record, compile and reduce data for analysis and assist in related assessment and preparation of reports.
- Troubleshoot and repair equipment, applying own knowledge and experience. Recommend changes such as new equipment or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction. Conduct detailed inventories and inspections to determine necessary maintenance and repairs, and assist in determining resource requirements.
- Lead the performance of assigned service projects such as non-destructive examinations and analysis. May be responsible for direction, analysis and reports involving complex test projects.
- Assist in planning and coordinating team efforts. Guide less experienced technicians and instruct them in proper and safe operation of equipment. May be required to work non-standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions.
- Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma or GED and 5 years' combination experience in the electronics or IT or oil & gas industries
- Associates' degree and 3 years' combination experience in the electronics or IT or oil & gas industries
- Bachelors' degree and 1 year combination experience in the electronics or IT or oil & gas industries
- Alternatively, this position may be filled at the Senior level for the successful candidate meeting these basic qualifications
- High School Diploma or GED and 9 years' combination experience in the electronics or IT or oil & gas industries
- Associates' degree and 5 years' combination experience in the electronics or IT or oil & gas industries
- Bachelors' degree and 3 years' combination experience in the electronics or IT or oil & gas industries
- *A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
- *A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 5+ years' experience in information technology, databases, electronic gas/liquid flow computers, instrumentation, RTUs and gas chromatographs used in the upstream Oil and Gas industry.
- Customer service or field service experience with electrical/electronic and gas and liquid measurement systems
- Strong written, verbal, and interpersonal communication skills in English
- Proficiency in Spanish
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.