Quality & Continuous Improvement Specialist
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Disability insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Quality & Continuous Improvement specialist,Establish and maintain a Quality Culture within local ABB, by assuring and controlling Quality with systems, tools and teams to exceed customer expectations while ensuring sustainable operations. In charge of developing & maintaining the Quality Management System of the local unit. All aspects managed in line with ABB Group/Division/BU guidance.
- Continuous Improvement Deployment –
- Deploy and execute the Hub/GPG strategy to continuous improvement and strategy deployment via L6S. Facilitate best practice sharing within your locations. Work directly with key stakeholders in locations to achieve buy-in and execute strategy.
- Subject Matter Expertise –
- Develop talented individuals within your locations and provide access to internal customers who require specific content knowledge and/or capabilities relevant to their continuous improvement program. Mentor and coach Business CI candidates. Develop pipeline of CI team members able to drive business results.
- Business Partnership –
- Understand the organization’s vision, objectives and improvement needs and suggest projects and improvement actions that support objectives. Work with leaders to identify and access the best resources (internal or external) with which to work
- Implementation Resources –
- Ensure budget and team resources for our customers’ continuous improvement efforts and stay there until the work can be sustained by their own operation. Customers are required to build up competency and resources to sustain solution. To Support deployment of LBU strategy through effective utilization of CI resources where needed, within the Functional area of expertise.
- Performance Transparency & Improvement –
- Provide organization-wide visibility of the current portfolio of continuous improvement efforts; track via metrics/KPIs progress and value from these efforts in order to help decision makers allocate resources and recognize success, with special focus on operational cost reduction. To work effectively with other CI leaders to standardize processes and develop best practices.
- Capability Building –
- Provide training, coaching and facilitation support to individuals and teams so that they are better equipped to drive their improvement efforts for themselves. Support/Train in line with training and development structure for respective locations and to make sure the knowledge is well transferred within the CI community.
- Change Management-
- Drive cultural transformation within the scope of responsibility, with a hands-on (´Gemba´) approach. Understands and promotes behavioral change to continuously improve function performance through programs and initiatives.
- Quality Assurance-
- Works with local management teams to: prevent mistakes and defects in products and avoid problems when delivering solutions or services to customers, provide confidence that ABB and customer quality requirements will be fulfilled, focus on issue prevention rather than just control, establish customer and
- stakeholder needs/expectations, drive the utilization of process management across the local business to deliver consistent results, minimizing variation and maximizing efficiencies.
- Quality Control –
- Ensures effective internal controls are in place to verify that processes continue to meet customer and stakeholder requirements. Validates that control plans are applied and effective in mitigating know risks.
- Voice of the Customer-
- Ensures the Voice of the Customer is represented within the local business. Challenge the management team with customer experience feedback and input to decisions. Enable and coach all employees to evaluate risks, problems and solutions from a customer/stakeholder point of view.
- Product Quality-
- Utilize ABB Group aligned systems and tools to assist the Engineering function with Product data and analysis to validate that Products continue to meet operational and customer expectations throughout their lifecycle. Validate APQP plans to assure effective introduction of new products.
- Quality Governance-
- Deploy and maintain the local Quality Management System to provide the local business with policies, regulations and processes that sufficiently describe the value chain activities. Lead the local management team in the application of an operational approach and system of process management that is continually evaluated for effectiveness.
- Quality Compliance-
- Performs audits and ensures the use of analytics of Quality data from all parts of the operation to identify risks, failures and nonconformance within the local business, its suppliers and customers. Ensures that appropriate corrective and preventive actions are taken, and solutions are managed to closure.
- People Leadership and Development-
- Enables, with the support of HR, that the local Quality team is sustainably staffed, developed and directed in line with ABB Group QO guidance to provide support and leadership for the Quality activities that support the local business.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering and 10 years in Quality related role .
- Master’s degree in Engineering (Preferred).
- Previous experience supporting quality & continuous improvement related projects within a manufacturing environment.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.