San Jose, California, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
ABB is seeking a Software Engineer for its San Jose, California location. This role is responsible for providing technical expertise in programming for 24x7 Energy Market Management Systems (MMS). The candidate will be expected to make a significant individual contribution as well as working effectively as part of the development and customer support teams.
- Work with technical leads to develop/write software requirements and design specifications.
- Work with project managers and technical leads to create a development plan, delivery timeline and provide cost estimates.
- Develop/Unit Test/Integrate Software needed to meet the design and functional requirements.
- Troubleshoot customer issues and fix software defects.
- Maintain and support various modules of the MMS.
- Master's degree in Computer Science (or an equivalent STEM degree) from a recognized university and a minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a developer role.
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Exceptional programming skills in Java with a passion for programming
- Strong Java Swing and HTML knowledge and experience
- C/C++ programming, knowledge and experience a plus
- Systems level knowledge of at least one major Unix OS/Linux
- Must have knowledge of object oriented software design, design patterns, data structures, and algorithms
- Good knowledge of synchronization and multi-core/multi-threaded programming
- Computer performance tuning knowledge
- Relational database access programming essential
- Understanding of Energy Market operations a plus.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.