Manufacturing Process Engineer
Hickory, North Carolina, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries.With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses:Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform.ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020.ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
ABB is seeking a Manufacturing Process Engineer for its Hickory, North Carolina location.This role is responsible for ensures all procedures and practices are documented and conform to company requirements.Additionally, the Process Engineer utilizes statistically valid methods and/or defect analysis to understand and expeditiously resolve
product quality issues, determine, organize and communicate process control and product quality information in a timely manner to manufacturing, plant management, process engineers and product engineering teams.This position provides engineering support and direction to assigned production departments in order to solve manufacturing problems, improve yield, and product quality.The incumbent will develop new and innovative ideas in the manufacturing facility supporting the scope and goals of the plant.
- Develop and optimize new manufacturing processes, equipment and fixtures.
- Perform process capability studies ensuring manufacturing processes are in control.
- Provide technical assistance for applicable departments to assure the smooth operation of processes.
- Support the process training for production employees.Provide departments with process input for new and redesigned products.
- Work with leadership to troubleshoot processes and equipment.
- Responsible for accuracy of product routing and times.
- Continuously improve the production floor through Lean Manufacturing methods.Manage long term capital improvement projects.
- Support and develop processes for facility.Travel as needed for projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering with minimum of 5 Years relevant experience OR Associate degree with minimum of 10 Years relevant experience.
- Must have solid modeling software experience.Project Management skills.
- Experience in process development.
- Automation- Robotic application-integration experience a plus.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.