Summer internship pgm-2020-undergrad-Mechanical Design-Full Time-New Berlin, WI
New Berlin, Wisconsin, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
- Prepare drawings compliant to ASME FY14.5 in Solid Edge with, BOM (bill of material) and related documents.
- Complete assembly, engineering analyses, and testing on new designs. Then prepare related reports and summaries for review.
- Evaluate component and assembly level BOMs for design improvements and cost reduction.
- Support new product development, documentation, testing and assembly.
- Support document generation and revision control in SAP, Insight, SharePoint and Solid Edge.
- Support generation of production and field work instructions.
- Manage lab tools, metrology equipment, and calibration 6S and safety compliance.
- Participate in the investigation of technical problems and the establishment of procedures and corrective actions to avoid recurrences.
- Enrolled in a bachelor's degree program in the US majoring in mechanical or electrical engineering.
- Proficient in MS Office. (Project, Outlook, Excel, Visio, Word)
- Proficient in computer aided design (CAD) modeling and drafting. (AutoCAD, SolidWorks, Solid Edge, Creo)
- Principals of document control. (SAP helpful)
- Uses sound judgement, takes strong initiative to complete projects, strong communicator, able to ask the right questions, works well both independently and in team environment.
- Experiences in 3D CAD, Manufacturing and assembly techniques, design process, Arduino, Raspberry Pi.
- Currently authorized to work for ABB in the US
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.