Strategic Contract KAM-West
San Francisco, California, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries.With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses:Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform.ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020.ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
ABB is seeking a Strategic Contract KAM-West for its San Francisco , California location.This role is responsible to create and foster executive level relationships within the named account list, influencing demand to drive specification and reciprocal value.The KAM will sell solutions, able to articulate the value ABB brings to one-line projects, displaying competition and benefiting the using.Tight collaboration will exist between the KAM and local field resources.
- Participates in the development of sales strategies for named accounts by providing the customer’s current business and long-term plans, including the coordination of national strategies.
- Defines and proposes sales targets and growth margins for the account.Ensures account achievement with a structured follow up process.
- Leads the development and implementation of an account plan.Designs the executive relationship strategy and coverage plans, prioritizing opportunities and identifying a target for each solution element. Proposes recovery plans in case of potential order shortfalls.
- Establishes and develops account relationships based on a defined strategy.Acts as focal point for problem resolution and monitors customer claims.Plans, facilitates and conducts customer negotiations.
- Develops, maintains and shares detailed knowledge of the customer’s business strategy, purchasing behavior, organization, decision-makers, customer business drivers, economic trends and competition.
- Sells products/solutions/services to customers, focusing on volume, mix and profitability targets for assigned business unit(s).
- Monitors competitors’ activity with each account and ensures appropriate response strategies are formulated and implemented.
- Creates added value for the customer and ABB by ensuring a coordinated sales approach (e.g. frame agreements).Communicates details in accordance with ABB supply, offering and strategy.Coordinates the use of internal or external resources (e.g. technical, advertising and marketing) in order to provide value added services to accounts
- Bachelor of Science Marketing or Engineering or Industrial Distribution with minimum of 8 years related experience.MBA or business preferred in addition.
- Direct sales experience in the electrical industry.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Applications (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Demonstrated strong verbal/written and presentation skills to all levels in an organization, including C and VP level.
- Demonstrated strong problem solving, selling and negotiation skills.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.