Alamo, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
“It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.”
ABB Power Grids is currently seeking a Material Coordinator for its Alamo, TN location. This role is Responsible for material flow to all production lines as directed. Material for production to be pulled and placed as required.
- Make all SAP transactions to account for material accuracy (using barcode scanner).
- Move QA Hold material from production lines to QA assigned locations.
- Pull and package material being sent to suppliers.
- Coordinate and communicate with receiving clerks to provide the manufacturing areas with requested materials – support receiving as needed.
- Rotate stock as required.
- Organize stock for efficient retrieval and placement.
- Conduct cycle counts and inventory audits as requested by Supply Chain Management. Assist Shipping/Receiving as needed.
- High school graduate or GED. Must be able to read and comprehend safety procedures and work instructions. The ability to operate a computer and learn specialized programs as needed to prefer job functions.
- SAP Proficient. All transactions performed according to internal procedures and specifications.
- Well illuminated working areas with safety precautions in place and in use at all times. The workplace shall be kept organized and free of clutter.
- Forklift, computer terminal, barcode scanner, and crane.
- All purchased production material, Alamo manufactured parts and sub-assemblies and completed apparatus.
- May be required to provide information to supervisors and supply management
- Perform regular work with a minimum of supervision using established guidelines and procedures. Specific problems are referred to Supply or Inventory Manager. New or changed procedures are given by specific instruction.
- Continuous training on new equipment or processes within job scope and based upon additional assignments.
- Must have strong work ethic, good verbal communication skills, demonstrated good interpersonal skills, and self-motivation.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.