Applications software developer
Houston, Texas, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
ABB is seeking new grad software engineers, responsible for software applications for electrical utilities. In this role, you will be located in Houston, Texas and be part of a global organization with offices in San Jose (CA.), Vasteras (Sweden) and Krakow (Poland). Our dynamic work setting combines cutting-edge technology, inspiring projects and a multicultural workforce, all of which serve as an excellent springboard for the start of your career. Our team can help you grow as a professional through Mentorship; we will assign a senior mentor that will help you to acclimate you to the business and guide you on your journey. We also offer an excellent Education Assistance Plan which offers reimbursement for educational courses (tuition, registration, books and fees) that will allow you to continue learning.
- Job tasks include analyzing, evaluating and designing advanced applications to monitor, analyze, optimize, control and simulate electrical power network, smart grid and distributed energy resources
- Take initiative to identify issues and work collaboratively across teams to resolve problems
- Identify and manage risks for schedule and quality with the team and ask for help when needed
- Be inquisitive. Try new things. Fail fast when needed. Help others learn from mistakes
- Be effective in reflection, retrospection, and constant incremental improvement
- Have a passion for computers and creating software
- Proactively take action to accomplish tasks and meet goals and objectives
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, computer or electrical engineering with a focus on software development and up to 2 years of experience
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States
- Master’s degree in computer science preferred
- Strong knowledge of one or more modern programming languages (C++, C#, etc.)
- Display excellent problem-solving skills and analytical thinking
- History of showing Initiative and drive
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.