Business Development Manager- System Drives
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB is seeking a Business Developer System Drives for its Wauwatosa, Wisconsin location. This role is responsible to support the US System Drives management in the definition and implementation of respective strategy – in line with global Product Group System Drive and business strategies. Ensure comprehensive understanding of US market and competitive environment. Support US management in identification and realization of business opportunities in line with global strategies. In addition, the BDM is responsible for the implementation of product marketing strategies for System Drives focusing on HP Drives and Wind Drives to meet business objectives and in line with global product strategy. The BDM will lead the implementation of marketing plans and support the Sales organizations in driving sales and achieving the required growth. Accountable for the long-term profitable growth and marketing of the ABB System Drives offering to targeted market segments, by supporting the global Product Portfolio team in regards of developing and managing product portfolio management.
- Strategy Implementation- Supports management of US LBL MODR and US LPG System Drives in translating global strategies into local ones and in defining local implementation actions. Provides inputs to global strategy development, based on good understanding of local needs.
- Business intelligence- Develops good understanding of US markets, competitive environments and ABB position (conducts market and competitor analysis). Lead by the “outside-in thinking” the BDM will derive strategic insights from these. Develops appropriate communications for the key audiences and communicates outputs effectively to the right people.
- Business opportunities- Works with respective management in identification and prioritization of new business opportunities for HPD and Wind Drives in line with global strategic priorities, based on good understanding of local situation and global business strategies. Supports realization of prioritized opportunities.
- Partnerships (external/internal)- Identifies partnership opportunities and participates in the definition of partnership agreements (e.g. with potential key OEM; technical System Integrator; other ABB organizations…).
- Collaboration (internal)- Collaborates with all related internal contacts to ensure alignment, efficiency and effectiveness in the implementation of the respective local business strategy. Identifies and promotes local business-led collaboration opportunities/needs (incl. cross ABB Group). Supports in forecasting volume trends on a regular basis to ensure operation’s capability to fulfil customer orders. Sets targets and monitors product/system costs, giving inputs to operations functions (e.g. Supply Chain Management, Engineering, Production) to maximize competitiveness and profitability. Strong collaboration with local and global Product Portfolio team. Works closely with sales teams to define sales targets. Achieves targets and budgets through regular oversight, definition and implementation of improvement plans as needed.
- Product Management and Strategy- Supports and helps to develop the local go-to-market product marketing strategies. Supports PM to be a successful as interface between external market and internal functions (e.g. Product Marketing, Sales, Operations, Research & Development and Product Engineering). Supports in defining and communication product value propositions and positioning in accordance with global product marketing strategies. Identifies product gaps and communicates with product management. Contributes to defining the roadmap to suit the local market requirements.
- Pricing- Supports in monitoring and maintaining information on market price trends and development. Supports discussions with the related source factories to establish market level transfer pricing. Participates in capture teams for target projects to support developing winning strategies.
- Technical Support and Training- Cooperation with the Field Application Engineer team in supporting the Sales organization with identifying and providing special application solutions. Supports influencing of customer specifications. Supports in preparing and conducting product training for the sales group. Provides material for basic product training for customers.
- Minimum of University degree in Electrical or Automation Industry; Master degree is preferred.
- Minimum of Ten(10)+ years experience in Product Management and/or Marketing and Sales experience and/or Technical Sales Support.
- Strong knowledge about low voltage high power AC Drives.
- Leads organizations with a focus on longer term strategic planning and policy development. Requires in-depth knowledge of company's goals and plans. Clear focus on organizational leadership over subject matter expertise. Managing through dotted line reporting and sub-managers.
- Goal/result oriented mind-set with capability to identify new opportunities and translate these into action plans and actual execution. Structured and Process orientated.
- Customer & Market Orientation and Good understanding of relevant markets, customers, and competition regarding System Drives.
- Intercultural Sensitivity & Effectiveness.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.