Robotics Project Manager - Healthcare, TX
Houston, Texas, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Inc., in Houston, Texas is seeking for a Robotics Project Manager - Healthcare to join our Robotics and Motion team, the first major global industrial robotics manufacturer to produce robots in the United States. ABB is the leading supplier of industrial robots, modular manufacturing systems and service and has installed more than 250,000 robots worldwide.
The Project Manager will be part of the Robotics team for the Healthcare business, being responsible to lead the execution of medium-size medical device development, projects and ensure that all related activities are performed in accordance with ABB policy, contractual agreements, quality standards, health, safety & environment requirements, financial targets, as well as schedule commitments.
- Leads the project team allocated to the project, defining main guidelines, allocating project tasks, and motivating and monitoring internal and external resources to accomplish all tasks and milestones. Provides performance feedback regarding allocated resources working on projects. Participates as key stakeholder in Healthcare strategy definition. Planning and scheduling: Defines, jointly with the Project Controls department, all project plan documents, including scope and financial plans, schedule and risk management plans. Ensures that the project follows execution best practices and ABB policies. Effectively monitors and controls projects progress and efficient resource utilization. Monitors and controls projects financials, overseeing project invoicing status, cost, expenses and cash flow. Identifies, qualifies, quantifies and manages project risks, and ensures that all opportunities are identified and pursued. Captures, analyses and shares lessons learned throughout the project. Ensures that the project is formally closed out, as contractually agreed. Drives the formal acceptance of the project, contract close-out and its acknowledgement by the customer. Manages quality process and endures compliance with local regulations (Food and Drug Administration - FDA, European Community - CE).
- Contract, claims and procurement management- Ensures that the project consistently applies contract and claims management, in accordance with ABB policies and contractual agreements. Coordinates with Supply Chain Management, and successfully procures required services, materials and equipment for the project from external and internal suppliers. Support Supply Chain Management in supplier negotiations, claims and project changes. Acts as key contact for the customer and an escalation point for project issues. Builds and maintains strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
- Health, safety and environment (HSE). Ensures the project follows and complies with company health, safety, and environmental policies. Ensures compliance with local quality regulation, such as FDA. CE, etc.
- Basic Qualification: Bachelor's Degree in Engineering and 8 years of experience with automation projects, project management, proposals, applications engineering.
- Preferred Qualification: Robotics experience is highly preferred. Experience in Automation in healthcare is a plus.
- Idioms: Spanish is a plus.
- Willingness to travel about 30% of the time.
- Candidates must have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the USA.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.