Wilton, Connecticut, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
ABB Power Grids is seeking a M&A Lead for its Windsor, CT location. The responsibilities include to lead and support business acquisitions, joint ventures and divestments, including partnerships involving equity participation.
- Project leadership: Independently leads, plans and executes projects, with a focus on value, risks, and quality.
- Deal preparation : Supports deal preparation and establishment and management of the deal team. Manages and progresses the internal investment approval chain.
- Resources: Selects and manages both internal and external resources in the various competence areas necessary in a global transaction, e.g. business plan development, strategic and financial analysis, determination of synergies, valuation, balance sheet management, due diligence, accounting principles, pensions, environmental and contractual issues.
- Deal execution & negotiation: Directs and owns project management responsibility for selected high priority projects; including direct supervision and quality control of all involved work areas.
- Strategy: In collaboration with the Business Lines and the broader Corporate Development team, identifies M&A targets through analysis of market information, competitors, valuations, etc. Investigates new M&A opportunities and reports findings and recommendations to the Power Grids Management Team.
- Best practices: Develops and spreads processes and tools for best M&A practices.
- People leadership and development : Supports people development through continuous coaching and training of people assigned to M&A projects in M&A best practices
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum of 5 years’ experience leading M&A projects within ABB
- Candidate must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the United States
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.