Senior Talent Partner
Fort Smith, Arkansas, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Medical insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
Our mission Human Resources (HR) is to help ABB stand out when it comes to our people - from leadership, performance and talent management to rewards and career opportunity. In all that we do, we seek to create competitive advantage by dedicating resources to attracting, developing and retaining talented individuals who are customer-focused, collaborative, innovative and driven.
This role reports to the Talent Acquisition and Talent Advancement Hub Leader within GBS (Global Business Services) and is located in Fort Smith, Arkansas. As a Senior Talent Partner, you will be responsible to partner with business and HR leaders to provide technical expertise, solutions and Talent Acquisition and Advancement support within the region to attract, develop and retain the appropriate workforce to deliver business strategies. You will be supporting the development of Talent Acquisition & Talent Advancement expert services and implement the company wide Global Talent Function strategy to deliver solutions to the region’s talent challenges.
- Business and Talent strategy: Delivers talent processes to implement Global talent strategies in the region. Works with HR Business Partners (HRBPs) and line managers to gain insight into the short/mid/long term business needs and current talent challenges. Provides feedback regarding information gained to region Talent Leads to inform them of future strategies and programs. Identifies best talent both internally and externally.
- Talent advancement: Actively advocates for internal talent advancement opportunities and promotes talent advancement activities within the businesses as well as educates the organization where needed. Runs internal searches and prepares lists of potential internal candidates and initiates discussions with current line managers. Acts as an internal talent broker and change agent to facilitate cross-organizational moves. Supports managers and HRBPs in identifying career and development activities for employees. Uses Talent Identification Process (TIP) outcomes to identify internal ABB talent pools to ensure internal career and development opportunities are promoted. Conducts assessments for selection and development and gives post-event feedback and coaching to candidates. Contributes to the development and supports the execution of advancement initiatives on a local level; shares latest local trends; provides input and feedback to continuously improve processes & programs.
- Talent acquisition: Is responsible for the delivery of talent acquisition processes including support for the recruitment process following position approvals. Conducts searches within internal ABB talent pools to ensure internal career and development opportunities as well as initiating and managing external searches. Manages recruitment campaigns working directly with hiring managers to understand the position requirements and determine the appropriate sourcing solutions. Uses data-based evidence to address hiring manager expectations about the labor market and recruiting process. Ensures overall quality for the search and approves job postings and advertisements. Creates shortlists of candidates and conducts interviews and assessments with the hiring manager. Provides feedback and coaching to the interviewed and assessed internal/external candidates in accordance with local practices and legislation. Concludes the selection process with the manager and the candidate including offer negotiations and closing the vacancy once the job offer is accepted. Effectively partners with the Global Business Services team to ensure that coordination with candidates and hiring managers run smoothly and efficiently (job posting, candidate scheduling, job offer processing, reference checks, etc.).
- Third party management: When necessary, liaises with recruitment firms for specific hard-to-fill positions, ensuring that these firms have been provided with appropriate position briefs and that they are fulfilling both position and contractual requirements.
- Local talent expertise: Is an active member of the global Talent Acquisition and Talent Advancement community and shares local insights with the business and HR leaders on the skills of the available talent pool.
- Employer Branding: Support/drive Employer Branding Activities, University Relationships, Early Talent and Trainee Programs etc. where required both locally and online to boost ABB’s Employer Brand within the region.
- Talent process improvements: Recommends continuous improvement to practices, processes, and policies to advance the Talent function. Contributes to the design and development of new talent solutions, both global and region specific, and assists in their implementation.
- Recommends changes to system functionality and supports systems implementation /upgrade in the area of talent. Leads implementation of changes to talent tools and processes in the region.
- Compliance & Safety: Ensures compliance with local legislation and HR policies, General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and any other data privacy requirements, and adherence to Occupational health and safety (OHS) and compliance standards in all areas of responsibility.
- Reporting and data management: Support timely data analytics and reporting activities to manage candidate pipeline and other recruitment metrics.
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree with at 8 years of professional HR experience in a high performing global organization, or a Recruitment Process Outsourcing (RPO) (or similar) company.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience with full lifecycle recruiting including job brief, developing sourcing/marketing plan, candidate outreach and development, offer and close.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Demonstrated success with various recruiting strategies and techniques, including use of digital and social media.
- Strategic mindset with a thorough understanding of business drivers and Talent Acquisition and Advancement trends within the HUB.
- Strong end-to-end process thinking and experience of managing change projects.
- Knowledge of different recruitment platforms and experience leveraging the tools to source candidates as well as manage relationships.
- Prior experience working across cultures and with multi-function stakeholders.
- Ability to network with and influence senior Business and HR leaders globally; exceptional communication skills, strong customer service orientation with proven consulting and influencing skills.
- Experienced coach and developer of others.
- Excellent relationship building, collaboration capabilities and great team spirit to work effectively with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Strong English language skills, both written and verbal, and other local language as required.
- Self-driven, resilient, energetic, enthusiastic and inclusive; creating or responding constructively to challenging new ideas and inputs.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.