Raleigh, North Carolina, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a technology leader that is driving the digital transformation of industries.With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB has four customer-focused, globally leading businesses:Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by the ABB Ability™ digital platform.ABB’s Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020.ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees.
ABB is seeking a Technical Specialist for its Raleigh, North Carolina location.
- Serve as the technical lead, ensuring ABB Installation products and solutions are preferred/approved.Provide coverage and application expertise in target markets; Industrial, Commercial, Construction, and OEM.
- Be the local product expert to generate revenue for the products in the assigned portfolio.
- Support account managers with technical aspects of the products sold via distributor partners.
- Be tightly integrated with local commercial teams to ensure specification efforts are aligned with target market segments.
- Participate in and develop papers for IEEE and other industry events/ conferences to raise awareness of ABB solutions.Train local sales teams on products applicable to the markets they support.
- Bring voice of the customer on new product opportunities, product gaps and market trends to the commercial and product management teams for action.
- Develop and deliver training classes to educate influencers and customers on industry topics and ABB solutions that address their design needs and applications.
- Support ABB Customer base nationally when requested by management based on technical needs of the team.Identify and develop new Premium products business opportunities.
- Monitor project activity through Dodge and Industrial Info for projects in the planning stage to ensure early engagement with consultants and customers on specifications designed around ABB products and capabilities.
- Utilize SFDC (Sales Force Dot Com) to identify specification activities.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering with minimum of 10 Years’demonstrated experience with Electrical Industry.
- Knowledge and technical design skills for Ty-Rap, T&B Liquidtight, OCAL, Ty-Duct, T&B Rigid Fittings, Steel City and Carlon product brands.
- Knowledge of industry codes and standards.
- Technical degree or equivalent industry experience
- Customer focused and passion for customer development.
- Requires strong communication skills to influence customers specifications and to negotiate with customers' principals/executives on issues that may have future business implications.
- Experience in a global environment interfacing with many cultures and languages a plus.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.