Level IV DC Power Installer
Los Angeles, California, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification Industrial Solutions (ELIS) empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to Field Services Engineering Leader and it is located in Los Angeles, California. The Level IV (4) DC Power Installer will be working on circuit modifications, power transition operations, addition and removal of circuits on working power distribution sources, power system equipment test and turn-up, overseeing volatile work activities and performing Site Supervisors responsibilities on a job site. Due to the critical potential of safety, service disruption, and business security for the network, employees must complete a 180 day probationary period to demonstrate behavior and skill level completion of essential job functions for continued employment.
- Generates revenue by planning and executing sales transactions which address and provide product/applications solutions to complex business issues.
- Perform work operations on working equipment or circuits without direct supervision by a Site Supervisor.
- DC Controller Software adds or upgrades. DC Power transition work (cut-over).
- Addition or removal of telecom batteries. Addition or removal of circuits on working power distribution sources.
- Perform equipment testing and turn-up.
- Oversees volatile work activities inside energized equipment.
- Additions, removals, wiring connections, and modifications on working equipment and circuits.
- Addition or removal of common systems equipment/hardware.
- Addition or removal of wiring and connections on non-working equipment only.
- Lead verification (voltage).
- Analysis of job specifications and Engineering drawings.
- Resolve job specifications and/or Engineering drawing problems.
- High School Diploma/GED and a minimum of six (6) years of experience in DC power equipment installation.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Employee must demonstrate competence in and successfully complete Level IV hands on assessment within 90 days.
- Electrical degree, certificate or apprenticeship preferred.
- AC Electrical experience is a plus.
- A valid driver’s license.
- Ability and willingness to travel approximately 100% and willingness to work different shifts (swing shifts).
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.