Rogersville, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Manufacturing Manager and located in Rogersville, Tennessee. As a Production Supervisor, you will manage production operations including all activities of the shop floor and follow established procedures and approved processes. Ensure safety and quality by consistently enforcing established safety and quality policies, procedures and standards. Maintain customer service levels, and teamwork while meeting expected returns on investment goals.
- Fosters a culture where safety is priority and procedures and policies are followed.
- Enforces general handbook policies fairly and consistently.
- Coordinate daily production runs to maximize efficiencies.
- Communicates and cooperates with engineers, maintenance technicians, quality technicians and management to resolve problems relating to safety, quality, equipment or processes.
- Assist in conducting required safety and quality audits.
- Provides leadership, direction and training to employees as required.
- Meet or exceed established goals in the following areas.
- Safety: Recordable accident, Near Misses and first aid.
- Quality: Ensure Quality plan is followed.
- Production: Maintain good customer service levels.
- 5S: Maintain 5S and housekeeping standards are maintained.
- Basic Qualifications:
- High School Diploma/GED AND 3 years of experience in manufacturing
- Associates Degree and 1 year of experience in manufacturing
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a related field is highly desired.
- Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of employees comprised of various levels of personnel from senior executives to facility personnel.
- Strong planning, organizational, leadership and influencing skills.
- Intermediate level of computer skills in SAP and MS Office software (i.e., Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
- Must be able to work flexible shifts and/or hours.
- Must have knowledge of machining and assembly practices, tools and fixturing.
- Must excel at working in a team environment.
- This position requires that the person be a highly organized individual, who is self-motivated and can work independently.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and/or priorities and easily adapt to changing situations.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.