Power Grids Summer 2020 Internship Pgm – (Fuels Consultant, PGGA)
Broomfield, Colorado, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
It is an exciting time to join ABB Power Grids. ABB and Hitachi have signed an agreement to create a joint venture (JV). By combining ABB Power Grids’ with Hitachi’s complementary strengths, we plan to form a new and stronger global leader in the power sector. ABB Power Grids and Hitachi will have more than 230 years of combined heritage and experience. Together, we will be well-positioned to shape the future of energy, with pioneering technologies, as the partner of choice for enabling a stronger, smarter and greener grid. The transaction is expected to be completed by the first half of 2020, subject to regulatory approvals. Join us on this exciting journey.
Interns with the Advisory Consulting team acquire an introduction to the key concepts within the North American Energy Industry as well as exposure to the technologies utilized to produce strategic long-term energy market development forecasts, maintain a large and complex data warehouse, and exposure to some of the most sophisticated market modelling tools in the industry. Our database, commercial application and mapping products cover industries including electricity, natural gas, transmission, coal and renewables. Interns will utilize their technical background and problem solving skills to help us maintain the most accurate energy market database available within the industry and our commercial application clients use to analyze this data. This analyst will work as part of a team to ensure the database has the most complete, accurate and up to date information. Through energy industry experience, continuously develop new functionality, data or tools for the application.
- Conduct primary research for input data and assumptions for power and fuel models
- Develop reports and dashboards using Business Intelligence and Microsoft tools to support communication of model results and inputs
- Contribute as requested to proposals, RFI’s and tender responses
- Conduct research and compile relevant market data for EPM Advisory team
- Support activities related to marketing campaigns
- Complete administrative tasks (e.g. timesheet recording) as required
- Pursuit of STEM degree
- Graduate STEM pursuit preferable
- Strong interest in the energy industry
- Interest in the consulting field
- Familiarity with publicly available data sources FERC, EIA, pipeline informational postings
- SQL Query Knowledge
- Interest in programming for data analysis, optimization, or regression (Python, R, MATLAB, STATA, or GAMS)
- Microsoft Office (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Project etc.) Skills
- Strong written and verbal skills
- Ability to operate with minimum supervision and take initiative
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.