Supply Chain Manager
Columbus, Mississippi, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Motors and Generators deliver a complete range of motors, generators and mechanical power transmission products for all industries and applications. We provide the highest quality and service to our customers all around the world, with a focus on helping to use energy more efficiently.
The mission of the Planning & Fulfillment function is to support profitable growth by ensuring the accurate tactical planning of our demand and our operations, optimizing inventory and resource management and the perfect fulfillment of customers’ orders. This mission is achieved by balancing and improving five metrics, customer on-time delivery, inventory, lead-time, forecast accuracy and resource optimization.
The role reports to the Manufacturing Unit Manager and located in Columbus, Mississippi.
- Direct and develop goals, objectives and plans for supply chain management, logistics and warehouse operations.
- Promotes/supports plant safety efforts with the highest priority.
- Ensures timely delivery of raw materials so that customer expectations are met while effectively managing inventory objectives and customer service.
- Coordinates efforts and direction between customers, design engineering, materials, manufacturing and corporate purchasing regarding inventory management and cost reduction.
- Must be driven toward achieving plant cost reduction objectives.
- Continuously improve net working capital metrics which include inventory and supplier payment terms.
- Manages and develops suppliers for raw material and supplemental capacity.
- Ensures a Lean/Continuous improvement environment in all areas.
- Needs working knowledge of bill of materials and routings.
- Provides leadership and mentoring for Materials Function including effective performance standards and ongoing training.
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor of Degree in Engineering, Supply Chain or Business AND 3 years of supply chain management experience
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- 3 + years of supply chain management experience
- APICS certification .
- Those who meet all other requirements with demonstrated experience in the field will be considered.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.