Electronics Manufacturer/Quality Tester
Richmond, Virginia, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Production Development Manager, and is located in Richmond, Virginia. As a Electronics Manufacturer/Quality Tester you will be responsible in the inspection, sampling and testing of Company products, parts, and materials to ensure compliance with established standards of quality. It also encompasses the use of inspection equipment such as gauges, measuring instruments, electrical and chemical test equipment.
- Testing of various types of Static Switches, UPS’s, RPP’s and PDU’s.
- Able to work with limited amount of supervision.
- Able to troubleshoot high and low power.
- Very familiar with testing and troubleshooting Electronics.
- Experience with High Power 600V-208V 3-phase applications.
- PCBA programming.
- Participate in cross functional teams
- Work closely with Quality/Process and the Engineering Dept.
- Maintain 6S and a safe work area.
- Report any problems with schematics, drawings etc.
- Ability to work weekends and long hours with little or no notice.
- Work closely with production on manufacturing issues.
- Associate’s degree in a related technical field and a minimum of 3 - 5 yrs. experience testing and troubleshooting electronics and 3-phase high power.
- 2+ years in a Test Lab and/or a manufacturing environment.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Thorough understanding of electrical/electronic technology.
- Proficient in using power meters and oscilloscopes.
- Strong soldering skills.
- Experience with Printed Circuit Boards (PCB) is preferred.
- Ability to read and understand engineering documentation (blueprints, schematics, drawings, component specifications and ECN’s).
- Ability to troubleshoot to the board level.
- Ability to set-up and use electronic test equipment.
- Ability to construct and maintain test equipment.
- Strong verbal and written English language skills.
- Strong computer skills (use of Excel, Word, HyperTerminal and other programs).
- Ability to understand transformer voltage, current, power calculations.
- Understanding of Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) risks and safety precautions.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.