Selmer, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification Industrial Solutions (ELIS) empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures.The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
This role reports to Production Manager located at Selmer, Tennessee. As a Maintenance Manager, you are entitled to oversees our Maintenance, Processes, IT and Manufacturing Engineers while ensuring that a safe and environmentally friendly work environment exists for all plant associates. Drive the implementation of a culture that understands and accepts the challenges that are associated with becoming a world class manufacturer. As a Technical Services Manager, you will be responsible to supervise a group of employees in a skilled crafts maintenance area of work which involves the facility and production equipment, repair and maintenance of plant equipment, and other equipment within the plant along with multiple chemical/paint processes. Work is of a technical nature with decisions made to improve machine up time and preventative maintenance. Along with working directly with Manufacturing Engineering on projects to support the product.
- Demonstrate that safety is the upmost and foremost important aspect of your maintenance team.
- Supervises skilled trade’s journeymen electricians involved in production, maintenance projects, and technical support of metal stamping plant.
- Responsible for diagnosis of equipment malfunctions and problem solving as relates to automation, progressive stamping presses and robotic welding cells and facility equipment.
- Responsible for process uptime over our chemical and paint processes and oversees the Manufacturing Engineering group with various projects, Lean manufacturing and day to day activities.
- Responsible for the effective use of personnel, material, equipment and meets schedule and quality requirements.
- Complies with the terms of local and national labor agreements and Implements safety and good housekeeping practices.
- Implements divisional and corporate policies and coordinates input from internal/external customers to better understand customer needs or perceptions for a 3-shift production operation and Keeps abreast of current product developments and trends in areas of expertise.
- Actively identifies new areas for learning and takes advantage of learning opportunities and after hours’ accessibility by phone is required.
- Must have technical / associates degree with a previous job experience in Maintenance Facilities and Production or supervisory experience of 1-3 years in an industrial environment.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Journeymen certification in skilled trade’s area or equivalent technical training preferred and relatively high level of analytical ability where problems are complex with an ability to interpret blueprints and engineering drawings.
- Knowledge of basic math, industrial electricity and stamping presses and mechanical concepts. General knowledge of PLC’s, plumbing, and pump operations.
- A Strong Electrical background is a plus and demonstrated technical and professional skills in job-related area required.
- Appropriate interpersonal styles and communication methods to work effectively with business partners to meet mutual goals required, motivate employees and elicit work output.
- Knowledge of and ability to effectively use computer software as it pertains to business and maintenance. Metal stamping and plating knowledge preferred.
- Flexibility to work overtime as needed. Drive Continuous Improvement within the maintenance group through the development and use of a EAM (Enterprise Asset Management), CMMS (Computerized Maintenance Management System) or similar maintenance planning system.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.