Warehouse Operative (non-equipment)
Byhalia, Mississippi, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Warehouse Manager, and is located in Byhalia, Mississippi. As a Warehouse Operative (non-equipment), you will be responsible for Receiving, Order filling and Shipping job functions while placing focus on safety, quality, productivity and housekeeping to meet daily goals and objectives.
- Receive and verify documentation, sku #, quantities and overall quality from vendors
- Stock product from vendors and plants into bulk locations
- Consolidate product with the same sku #’s in bulk locations
- Pull bulk product and place in pick zones
- Consult with Inventory Control in resolving stock issues
- Retrieve specified product from pick locations to ship
- Transfer cartons from shipping lanes to stack onto pallets for loading
- Meet and maintain department quality/productivity standards.
- Other duties as deemed necessary or assigned.
- High School Diploma and minimum of Two (2)- years verifiable experience in manufacturing/distribution environment.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Basic computer skills and understanding of overall distribution operations.
- Ability to read and comprehend information and count inventory accurately.
- Flexible to work overtime with little or no notice.
- Requires thorough knowledge of safety expectations.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.