Customer Support Specialist
Portland, Oregon, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
The role reports to the District Sales Manager and located in Portland, Oregon. As a Customer Support Specialist, will be responsible for developing and maintaining productive working relationships with assigned channel partners, at all levels of their organization.
- Provide Inside Sales Support for Low Voltage and Medium Voltage Products to direct customers and distributors.
- Handle customer inquiries and be able to respond with required information.
- Help customer with shipment tracking when needed.
- Liaise with Quality team on shipping and/or product quality issues.
- Provide support to outside salespeople in the territory.
- Liaise with Business Units to ensure opportunities in Salesforce are kept up to date.
- Be familiar with ABB order entry systems in order to help customers when needed.
- Liaise with other parts of the business such as services and EV charging when needed to provide the customer a full ABB solution.
- Work with pricing teams to provide SPAs when needed.
- Understand market pricing and utilize to successfully close opportunities.
- Provide market feedback, competitive intelligence to sales leadership.
- Help manage customer marketing programs New Product Introduction (NPI) launch, training to promote ABB products and services.
- Participate in Oregon team meetings and training sessions.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (OR a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 4 years of experience in Sales)
- Minimum of 2 additional years of experience in Inside Sales.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Ability and willingness to possess and maintain a valid driver's license.
- Bachelor's Degree in Engineering/Industrial Distribution is preferred.
- Demonstrated knowledge of electrical industry and ABB products.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Experience working with OEMs & channel partners.
- Strong technical application, take-off, and proposal development skills.
- Customer-focused mindset with proven ability to respond quickly to customer needs.
- Strong coordination and influencing skills.
- Knowledge of customer financial drivers / needs.
- Ability to utilize analytical software and sales tools.
- Strong oral, written communication skills and presentation skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.