Senatobia, Mississippi, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Smart Power is a global technology leader, with solutions that make power supplies smart, connected and protected. Its intelligent solutions make power more competitive by improving the energy efficiency, productivity and reliability of almost any operation.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Planning and Fulfillment manager, and is located in Senatobia, Mississippi. As a Material Handler you will be responsible for tracking warehouse stock, documenting orders, and storing merchandise. You will also possess in-depth knowledge of various warehouse machinery and equipment such as cranes, forklifts, and booms.
- Load and unload inventory from loading docks, delivery trucks, storage areas, and production areas.
- Ensure all incoming delivery matches the company purchase order.
- Store cargo in assigned locations using cargo boards and pallets.
- Manage inventory by identifying, cataloging, and recording the location of inventory.
- Manage production line inventory by trigger and put away of Kanban materials.
- Operate various machinery including pallet jacks, tuggers, and forklifts to handle materials and inventory.
- Analyze pick sheets based on orders and pull the confirm the appropriate products on quantities for each order.
- Track supply levels for vendor managed materials.
- Comply with all safety and health regulations.
- High school diploma or equivalent qualification and a minimum of 2 years' experience in a similar role.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Occupational Safety & Health Administration (OSHA) forklift certification is an advantage.
- Physical fitness with the ability to lift up to a maximum of 40 pounds.
- Availability to work overtime including weekends, public holidays, and evenings.
- Outstanding organizational and communication skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.