Health, Safety & Environmental Manager
Rogersville, Tennessee, USA
- Job type
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in power grids, electrification products, industrial automation and robotics and motion, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner in ABB Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com
This position will contribute to improving Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) performance and Corporate Responsibility at the Rogersville, TN facility. This person will support the business by applying in-depth knowledge to offer solutions and advice through delivery of Group-wide performance improvement programs and/or Group Audit Program.
- Ensures the Health and Safety goals and objectives are implemented and met annually for the plant/location
- Collaborates with engineers and technicians to institute control and remedial measures for hazardous and potentially hazardous conditions of equipment
- Participates in new product/process reviews including process hazard analyses and training
- Establishes Health and Safety project budgets/proposals and ensure related projects are completed on time and within budget, as required
- Inputs all incidents into Intelex, Gallagher Bassett and the Global Database within 24 hours, as applicable, and reports any incidents in compliance with company requirements
- Prepares reports including observations, analysis and recommendations for control and correction of hazards
- Provides technical support to corporate and facility personnel to ensure compliance with applicable occupational safety and health regulations
- Ensures compliance with health and safety regulations and ensures necessary records are maintained and prepared according to established guidelines
- Contributes to driving behavioral change and continuous improvement though delivery of training and competence initiatives and expert support to the Local Business Units in line with yearly HSE plan agreed with the Business Units. Supports the sharing of best practice
- Coordinates reporting on HSE performance and support delivery of Group audit program
- Contributes to and/or plans and executes Health, Safety and Environment performance and Corporate Responsibility related projects. Develops and reports on project objectives. Manages project resources such as manpower, financials and other relevant factors
- BASIC QUALIFICATIONS:
- Associates’ degree AND 7 years’ Health and Safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- Bachelors’ Degree AND 5 years’ Health and Safety experience in a manufacturing environment
- *A Master’s Degree in required field = Credit given for 2 years of work experience.
- *A PhD/Doctorate in required field = Credit given for 3 years of work experience
- PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Strong knowledge in OSHA including U.S. Federal and applicable State regulations
- Understanding of Workers’ Compensation and Return to Work Programs
- Strong understanding of electrical safety including NEC, NFPA 70E and OSHA
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as legal briefs, technical data, safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
- Ability to speak effectively in interpersonal situations and before groups of employees comprised of various levels of personnel, from senior executives to facility personnel
- Strong planning and organizational skills
- Strong leadership and influencing skills
- Intermediate level of computer skills in SAP and MS Office software
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US
More about us
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.