Hackettstown, New Jersey, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
Manufacturing at ABB ranges from assembly of customized industrial robots to advanced production of electrical switches and breakers. The innovative products we make, drive the world’s largest ships, connect remote renewable power sources with consumers, and automate complex industrial processes.
The role reports to the Production Manager, and is located in Hackettstown, New Jersey. As an Electrical Technician, you will be responsible for the wiring, terminating, startup commissioning and troubleshooting of industrial electrical control panels and associated components.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices such as ohmmeters, voltmeters, and oscilloscopes, to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Use a variety of tools and equipment such as measuring devices, power tools, and testing equipment including oscilloscopes, ammeters, and test lamps.
- Troubleshoot production controls, identify root cause for trouble & repair as necessary.
- Diagnose & replace faulty electrical & electronic components of machine such as relays, switches, motors, positions sensing devices, & printed circuit boards.
- Able to diagnose simple control system using PLC (i.e Panel layout, wiring & testing).
- Able to read and make electrical schematic drawings.
- Other tasks as assigned.
- Minimum of an Associate's Degree in Electronics -or- completion of a four-year technical training program in electrical repair and two (2) years electrical experience.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Ideal candidates should have experience in troubleshooting, repair and installation of industrial controls and PLC’s
- Experience with reading electrical schematics and drawings.
- Be able to read schematics and ladder logic in performing duties.
- Industrial controllers, troubleshooting AC and DC motor controls, including A/C and D/C drives, power distribution, relay controls.
- Knowledge of applicable electrical codes, standards, and regulations.
- Knowledge of electrical application for high and low voltage electric systems.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.