Quality Associate - 1st Shift
Hackettstown, New Jersey, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Installation Products provide customers with engineered installation and safety solutions, which are easier to design, install and maintain - providing sustainable and superior performance for continuous operation throughout their life span.
The Quality team is dedicated to implementing a culture and practice of excellence throughout the entire value chain of the organization, to increase customer satisfaction and improve profitability in a sustainable way.
The role reports to the Quality Manager, and is located in Hackettstown , New Jersey. As a Quality Associate you will be responsible to inspect the following as required: tooling, products, components, gauges, fixtures, and processes for conformance to requirements. Skilled in the application of the 7 Tools of Quality and report writing. Interface with all levels of the organization & customers regarding Quality matters. Good verbal and written communication, knowledgeable in Microsoft Office software, and excellent interpersonal skills a must.
- Use precision measuring instruments, such as optical comparator, micrometer, gauge blocks, dial indicators, rock well hardness and mechanical testing, Vision equipment and/or hand instruments
- Investigates Root Cause of Customer Complaints (PARR’s) and implements Corrective/Preventative Action if required.
- Consult and communicate with R&D, Field service, Customer service, QEs etc.. to alleviate problems experienced by customer. Assist in the problem investigation and data collection/analysis
- Plan, conduct and monitor testing and inspection of materials and products to ensure finished product quality
- Develop, recommend and monitor corrective and preventive actions
- Prepare reports to communicate outcomes of quality activities
- Work with close tolerances; perform all first article inspection on purchased or in-house molded parts, with reports
- Provide all pertinent Quality information to customers and suppliers through means of FAIs (First Article Inspection) & DMRs (Defective Material Review), as required.
- Maintain laboratory safety by observing safe work practices and requiring visitors to do likewise. Observe good housekeeping practices and maintain a neat, orderly work environment.
- Understand and apply the “Tools of Quality”.
- High School Degree and a minimum of 1 year of experience in a manufacturing environment in a similar field.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Must understand and perform all job requirements in compliance with ISO 9001.
- Use Microsoft office (Excel, PPT, outlook) for data analysis, preparing presentation and email communication.
- Customer service background and skills.
- Problem analysis and problem-solving skills.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.