Territory Sales Manager, AZ
Tucson, Arizona, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification business is a leading provider of a full range of protection, control and measurement solutions - enabling safer and smarter electricity flow from substation to the point of consumption. We deliver products and systems designed to connect, protect and control electrical systems, ensuring reliability, efficiency and safety for equipment and personnel.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
The role reports to the Sales Director. As a Territory Sales Manager, will be responsible to call on industrial, utility, and large commercial customers within an assigned territory; and promote the services and products of the ABB Services business to identify, develop and close orders, execute business objectives, and have the ability to effect short-term and some long-term business goals.
- Be responsible for product / service lines, including:Power Delivery and Power Utilization, Motor, Transformer, and Switchgear Repairs, Turnkey Substations and Field Services.
- Plan and implement sales strategies to maximize market share in the assigned territory.
- Lead order closing strategies on own or with other team members to drive results.
- Develop new customers and grow existing customer market share.
- Meet or exceed individual orders targets with focus on convertible orders and profitable growth.
- Build customer relationships throughout their organization.
- Negotiate contracts as required.
- Maintain knowledge of market trends, competitive actions, customer trends, installed base, and market levels of pricing for supported classes of services or products.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all opportunities and disposition opportunities as they evolve in ABB's CRM System (Salesforce.com).
- Make recommendations for continued growth.
- Provide customer insights to key service offering gaps for New Product Introduction development.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited university or college (OR a High School Diploma / GED with a minimum of 8 years of experience in an industrial or utility sales role).
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in Sales, Field Services, or Marketing role involved with customer development in a pre-order role.
- Minimum of 5 years of knowledge and experience selling products and services associated with electrical power studies, switchgear, motors and transformers.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Ability and willingness to travel within the District.
- Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Industrial, or Mechanical Engineering or Master's Degree in Engineering.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Proven customer centric behaviors and consistent track record of meeting objectives.
- High proficiency in utilizing electronic sales tools including; Salesforce.com, MS Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Self-starter, energetic and positive contributor to the team environment.
- Excellent analytical, communication, and presentation skills with all levels of the organization.
- Strong Interpersonal and team building skills.
- Industry experience in Marine, Utilities, Manufacturing, Material Handling, Pharmaceutical, Water / Waste Water, Metals, Mining, Pulp and Paper, and/or Chemical and Petrochemical
- In-depth knowledge of industrial and utility applications for services, repairs and products.
- Proven performance in developing and maintaining executive level business relationships.
- Ability to work effectively within a matrix environment.
- Ability to manage multiple transactions and priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to negotiate complex and strategic contracts.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.