Customer Support & Inside Sales Specialist
Plano, Texas, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB’s Electrification Industrial Solutions (ELIS) empowers smarter business operations by connecting equipment, software and services to protect, control and optimize assets within electrical infrastructures. The business provides customers, across various industries, with end-to-end product and service solutions that help ensure the reliability and protection of their electrical infrastructure.
Working with customers to ensure our products and systems provide maximum performance, our Service teams solve a wide variety of key industrial challenges. We increase productivity and reliability, lengthen product life span and improve safety. Critically, we also reduce costs, energy consumption and emissions.
This role reports to Warehouse & Logistics manager located at Plano, Texas. As a Customer Support & Inside Sales Specialist, you are entitled to provide internal and external customer support (e.g. basic technical, order assistance, payment-related assistance) and coordinate with relevant resources to increase customer satisfaction.
- Ensures the resolution of customer issues (e.g. order, technical, payment) by coordinating with operations, sourcing and other internal and/or external teams.
- Coordinates resolution with after-sales service and/or spare parts teams,
- solution for customer requests and coordinates with related teams to ensure the complete handling of the request (e.g. production capability and scheduling, resourcing, quotes, price lists, invoice) is in place.
- Conduct quotation/proposal follow-up with customers and update Sales Force Dot Com (SFDC).
- Proactively informs customers about issue status, clarifies any questions and ensures a positive customer experience throughout the entire process.
- Prepares and analyzes regular statistics (e.g. forecast) using available tools and collecting relevant information.
- Tracks regular target performance and provides results to management and ensures accuracy of documentation including shipping, invoicing and finance systems.
- Responsible to process return of goods from customers and participate in the departmental training programs.
- Provide outstanding service and representation to external and internal customers through accurate order entry and call handling with superior, professional communications.
- Requires associates degree from an accredited university or college with a minimum 2 years of experience in order fulfillment/order management and minimum 2 years of experience in using SAP or a similarly large and complex ERP system to drive results OR a High School Diploma / GED equivalent with a minimum 4 years of experience in order fulfillment/order management and minimum 4 years of experience using SAP or a similarly large and complex ERP system to drive results.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in United States.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams to help build effective processes.
- Results oriented and ability to deliver on commitments and follow up.
- Strong problem-solving skills with continuous improvement mindset and ability to multitask with a strong sense of priority.
- Ability to work independently and a strong team player.
- Strong oral, written communication skills and interpersonal skills.
- Able to effectively interface with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft office applications with a Proficiency in lean or process improvement methodology.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.