2020 - 2021 Graduate Intern / Part Time - Robotics R&D Center- San Jose
San Jose, California, USA
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB's Robotics and Discrete Automation business is writing the future of flexible factory and smart machines by providing value-added solutions in robotics, machine and factory automation. Our integrated automation solutions, application expertise across a wide scope of industries and our global presence deliver tangible customer value.
Our R&D engineers and scientists develop breakthrough technologies that change the way the world works and industries do business. We constantly push the limits of convention, while retaining our focus on delivering solid returns for our customers and shareholders.
This role reports to the Research & Development (R&D) Manager and is located in San Jose, California. As a Graduate Intern, you will be working with robotics specialists who have a wide range of experiences and competencies, including but not limited to industrial robots, mechanics, user-interface design, software development, methodologies implementation for machine learning, computer vision, etc.
- Take part in the development of mathematical algorithms (statistical data analysis and machine learning) for intelligent software agents to enable creation of future autonomous robotics.
- Build modular software systems for image processing and machine learning.
- Improve robot performance using 3D vision technology, including algorithms to identify and classify meaningful structures around a robot.
- Develop and integrate advanced perception technologies for robotic applications.
- Currently enrolled in master’s or doctorate degree in electrical engineering or computer science or other related engineering fields.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Experiences with machine vision, machine learning and modular software development.
- Strong background in 2D and 3D vision and/or machine learning techniques, such as deep learning, reinforcement learning, etc.
- Advanced mathematical problem formulation, solution and implementation skills (3D geometry, linear algebra, optimization and statistical methods).
- Proficiency in implementing algorithms in C/C++/ Python /GPU.
- Experience with robotics, Linux, ROS, PCL, OpenCV, SLAM, Tensor Flow, PyTorch.
- Experience with Azure/AWS (Amazon Web Services) /Google Cloud services.
- Ability to interact effectively with a global team and in culturally diverse environments.
- Credibility/accountability in delivering on quality and schedule commitments.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.