Order Management Specialist
Cleveland, Ohio, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Wellbeing program
- Medical insurance
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
The ABB's Process Industries team engineers and delivers automation solutions from device to monitoring and control, ensuring our customers get the most out of their investment. Our digitalization solutions help improve plant and enterprise productivity, while reducing maintenance and energy costs. Deep domain knowledge enables us to truly understand and address the challenges and opportunities of Industrial Automation.
Our 3,000-plus procurement and logistics employees work in more than 100 countries, to obtain and supply millions of products and services in over 200 categories from thousands of suppliers all over the world. Our goal is to create a supply base that works as an extended enterprise, creating value through continuous improvement in quality, technology, and logistics, while optimizing cost and sustainability.
This role reports to Senior Manager Transportation and is located in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Order Handling: Processes orders to ensure that customers receive accurate and timely delivery of products and acts as first port of call to customers’ questions and orders. Builds long-term and sustainable customer relationships and prioritizes the work according to the defined criteria, in order to ensure consistent customer satisfaction. Booking, order entry and processing new orders after reviewing content, special discounted pricing, pricing validity and all required additional pertinent business data for ABB financial reporting. Responsible for acknowledging the order to customer and/or corresponding to them to send additional information required to process the order.
- Customer Support: Ensures the resolution of customer issues (e.g. order, shipping issues and payment) by coordinating with sales, supply management, product marketing, warehouse and other internal and/or external teams. Coordinates resolution with warranty questions. Develops, implements and maintains customer support processes. Participates in customer support related development projects (e.g. tools, competences, resources).
- Logistics & Shipping: Responsible for preparing invoices and other documentation necessary for export shipments such as Certificate of Origin, Packing Lists, Insurance Certificates, Special Trade Agreement Certificates, Quality Certificates and Air waybills in compliance with both United States (US) and Foreign destination laws and regulations. Make all transportation arrangement with Freight Forwarder based on weight and size of shipment, the most cost-effective route and transit times. Instruct the third party warehouse any special packing and marking instructions and arrange and notify warehouse of pick up information or shipping instructions. Ensures compliance of shipping with all local and global regulations, whilst optimizing the distribution network and customs procedures and taking full advantage of possible free trade benefits. Work closely with transport partners on resolving issues and providing direction. Must be trained in hazardous material handling and complete International Air Transport Association (IATA) shipping dangerous goods by air documentation. Responsible to code all freight bills, inbound and outbound for processing through freight payment company in accordance to Business Unit (BU) direction whether it be a project or G/L, cost center account. Answer all inquiries from Freight companies regarding their payments.
- Import/Export: Manage and update master data Global Trade System (GTS) of ABB products, technologies, and software, HTS code and Export Control Classification Number (ECCN) numbers to support export and import compliance. Determine HTS classification of various products preferably on time before export or import of the product. Manage country of origin data on products and update SAP master data and AOD systems. Monitor sales orders, Purchase Orders (PO’s) and receipts on hold in GTS for Sensitive Parties List (SPL), import and export product holds. Review the orders and release them from GTS hold if approved. Manage risk exposure to fines, penalties, sanctions by US Government for non-compliance. Maintain company/operating-unit Import and Export records in accordance with ABB`s Records Management policies. Conduct selected annual “self-audits” of the Country Import/Export Control Program. Notify the global trade compliance officer of sensitive export control cases and follow the necessary guidelines to address and resolve issues. Manage custom house broker in all import formalities, providing pre-audit information, notifying custom house brokers correct value, HTS and other pertinent information required in accordance to US custom and border protection laws and regulations. Make arrangements for delivery once customs clearance is complete. Once shipment has cleared US Customs and document packet received from Broker, a post audit must be prepared, and if there has been any error, a revised custom clearance must be requested and documented. Must be trained in US Regulations regarding Export Compliance, Boycott regulations, Import Compliance, International Commercial Terms (INCO), various countries Import regulations.
- People leadership and development: Motivates, organizes and encourages teamwork within the workforce to ensure productivity and Key Performance Indication (KPI) targets are met.
- Complexity of Tasks: Requires Using knowledge of import and export compliance, and using SAP GTS function, and SAP editing rights, the United States Harmonized Tariff Schedule (HTSUS), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) concerning imports, ABB Global Trade Compliance Portal, and a desire to embrace trade compliance. Requires planning and organizational skills, familiarity with Microsoft Office tools, specifically, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor's degree in business or related field with minimum 5 years of experience or alternatively, a special combination of education and experience and/or demonstrated accomplishments.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that would permit them to work for ABB in the US.
- Travel is minimal for training and monthly warehouse visits.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.