Robotics Applications Eng./Tech - Assembly for Electronics Industry
Auburn Hills, Michigan, USA
- Job type
- Retirement plan
- Life insurance
- Disability insurance
- Medical insurance
- Wellbeing program
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Robotics is a leading supplier of industrial robots and robot software, equipment, and complete application solutions. We are a trusted partner who continues to redefine robotics automation, with a focus on collaborative solutions, which allow humans to work safely alongside robots without the need for barriers.
The quality and innovation of engineering in our products, systems, and service offerings keep our customers ahead. Developing solutions for our customers all over the world and working on our market-leading technologies will challenge and enrich your work and your mind.
The role reports to the Operations Manager - Electronics & General Industry, and is located in Auburn Hills, Michigan. As an Applications Engineer / Technologist, you will be coordinating with the design and development groups to determine effective applications, equipment, and methods to produce new products. It also includes providing consulting services to project execution operations–both internal and external.
- This position will focus on the assembly of small parts, mainly in the Electronics industry. Under limited direction, perform a variety of complex engineering assignments requiring in-depth knowledge of a specific engineering discipline plus an understanding of related disciplines to cost-effectively achieve objectives. Assignments typically require the use of advanced and innovative techniques. Proactively seek and implement initiatives to improve operations and increase customer satisfaction.
- The responsibilities will include, but not limited to, design, analyze, and evaluate systems, products, or components, requiring a high degree of technical expertise. Design and develop complex models or simulations and apply advanced computer programs, analytical techniques, or control strategies to effectively meet requirements and resolve problems.
- Act as principal investigator or lead a group of engineers investigating problems, developing solutions, and preparing related recommendations and reports.
- Conduct economic studies and prepare or lead the preparation of specifications, proposals for contracts, licensing, and safety documents, and obtain required approvals.
- Represent the group in meetings and conferences and interact with customers to resolve significant technical issues and develop related action plans.
- Bachelor's degree, preferably in Engineering, and 5 years' experience in automation, robotics, application, proposal, assembly, OR Associates' Degree, preferably in a technical field, and 7 years' experience in automation, robotics, application, proposal, assembly, OR High school diploma, or GED, and 9 years' experience in automation, robotics, application, proposal, assembly.
- Candidates must already have a work authorization that allows them to work for ABB in the United States.
- Open to travel 40%.
- Highly preferred experience with automated assembly especially for Electronics industry, General Industry, or others.
- Good communication skills, problem solving, very creative to help with design concepts to execution
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.