Service Global Channel Manager
Subang Jaya, Selangor, Malaysia
- Job type
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
ABB Energy Industries drives growth for customers while supporting safe, efficient and profitable operations with strong global execution capacity, an extensive service footprint and capabilities, and innovative digital leadership.
For our Marketing, Sales and Product Management team, understanding the full potential of our technology and the trends in our markets is highly rewarding. In addition, helping customers all over the world improve efficiency, save resources and reduce emissions gives our work a powerful sense of purpose.
The role reports to the Global Service Sales Manager-Energy Industries. As a Service Global Channel Manager, you will be responsible to formulate business strategies to grow overall automation service sales and market share through channel partners by developing and driving our service channel program directly with target country teams and third party channel partner companies. This role will work directly with local country channel teams to develop business from third party channel partners to aggressively increase Process Automation services year over year.
- Channel management:
- Coordinate selection, training, and business planning with third party channel partners, primarily system integrators.
- Drives local divisions recruitment of new partners as needed to ensure full coverage of the market, geographically, for targeted portfolio and allocated market segments.
- Ensure channel partners meet established qualifications before onboarding and continuously monitor qualifications with checks at least annual.
- Manages development of business through service channel partners and their performance.
- Takes an active role in coaching channel partner personnel and evaluating their competency in support of ABB products and services.
- Resolves market access issues resulting in conflict.
- Measures channel partner performance and implements performance improvement programs.
- Ensures company policies and procedures are understood and followed in compliance with government laws. Policies and procedures includes, but not limited to Standard of Business Conduct, Intellectual Property protection, Control Environment, Employee Data Protection, ISO 9000 & 14000, government regulations related to health, safety, quality and environmental.
- Portfolio marketing support for channel partners:
- Develop portfolio for service, adapting products, services, and solutions to channel sales.
- Establish Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for local countries and third party channel partners to secure maximum portfolio coverage and results.
- Facilitates the roll-out of new products and promotional programs to the local divisions and partners.
- Localize product marketing messages. Develop supplements to sales kits and sales guides as required.
- Support events as defined by local division and partners, define events to fill white spots (customer seminars, fairs, automation and power world, training).
- Identify and drive the need for demos and other required portfolio marketing tools.
- Marketing intelligence support:
- Maintain service content on channel partner portal.
- Provide won / loss feedback and analysis.
- Perform market intelligence reviews with channel partners (competition, technology, industry trends).
- Provide and qualify market requirement input (product, price, packaging, etc.).
- Technical support:
- Collaborate and train technical support team to enable full support of channel partners and service providers.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering or equivalent experience required, Masters or other advanced business degree preferred.
- Legal authorization to work in the country location indicated.
- Minimum 8 years of relevant experience in the power generation or process automation industry including:
- Experience in supporting Channel Sales, Business Development, Marketing, and/or technical sales preferred.
- Previous Channel Product and Service Sales experience preferred.
- Requires strong communication skills to influence managers and negotiate with customers and partners and interact with high levels in the client and partner organizations.
- Requires strategic planning skills and ability to translate corporate and business goals and objectives into realistic marketing and product sales and support plans.
- Language proficiency: Fluency in English speaking and writing a must.
- Strong team player.
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.